On Friday 5 July 2013, Lord Sheikh launched a CMF branch for Yorkshire & Humber at an event in Bradford which was well attended by grass roots members as well as leading members of the business and professional community and local leaders from the Conservative Party. Many different communities were represented.
There was an impressive array of speakers which included:
- Lord Sheikh, Chairman, Conservative Muslim Forum.
- Baroness Warsi, Senior Minister of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs and Minister for Faith and Communities.
- Mr Mohammed Amin, Deputy Chairman, Conservative Muslim Forum.
- Mr Raja Najabat Hussain, who did more than anyone to make this event happen.
- Major Zahoor Baigh who opened the event with a Quran recitation.
- Mr Iftikhar Ahmed, President, Bradford Conservative Association.
- Mr Allah Ditta, Assistant Treasurer, Bradford Conservative Association.
- Councillor Glen Miller, Leader of the Conservative Group on Bradford Council.
- Mr Chris Rowell, Chairman, Conservative Future Yorkshire and Humberside.
- Mr Jason Aldiss, Chairman, West Yorkshire Conservatives.
- Mr Philip Allott, Parliamentary Candidate for Halifax.
- Mr Gerry Yates, Regional Conservative Party Chairman, Vice-President of the National Convention.
The vote of thanks was given by Mrs Itrat Ali.