Lord Sheikh is delighted to announce that The National Muslim War Memorial Trust has now been established and will proceed with its aims.
To find out more about the work of NMWMT please visit our website at www.muslimwarmemorial.org
The Trust objectives of the trust are for the erection and maintenance of a national war memorial to commemorate the services of Muslim personnel to Britain’s Armed Forces during the two World Wars and subsequent conflicts. The Trust will also undertake an educational role to promote in schools, colleges and the wider public arena the contributions of Muslims to Britain’s Armed Forces.
Th initiative is supported by the British Government and General Sir Nicolas Carter, Chief of Defence.
Board of Trustees
- The Lord Sheikh (Chairman)
- Major General (Retd) Charles Sebastian Fattorini WO MA FCMI psc+ (Vice Chairman)
- The Lord Lexden OBE
- Mr Makhdum Ali Chishty QPM SI LLB (Hons) PGFHId
- Mr Mohammed Amin MBE FRSA MA FCA AMCT CTA (Fellow)
- Rayla Javaid, BSC(Hons), CPE, LPC
- Mr Zaid Belbagi
- Mr Ikhlaq Hussain
- Mr Samir Thantrey BSc(Hons) FCCA
- Mr Kawsar Zaman LLB, BCL, LLM