Lord Sheikh is delighted to announce that The National Muslim War Memorial Trust has now been established and will proceed with its aims.
The Trust objectives of the trust are for the erection and maintenance of a national war memorial to commemorate the services of Muslim personnel to Britain’s Armed Forces during the two World Wars and subsequent conflicts. The Trust will also undertake an educational role to promote in schools, colleges and the wider public arena the contributions of Muslims to Britain’s Armed Forces.
Th initiative is supported by the British Government and General Sir Nicolas Carter, Chief of Defence.
Board of Trustees
- The Lord Sheikh (Chairman)
- Major General (Retd) Charles Sebastian Fattorini WO MA FCMI psc+ (Vice Chairman)
- The Lord Lexden OBE
- Mr Makhdum Ali Chishty QPM SI LLB (Hons) PGFHId
- Mr Mohammed Amin MBE FRSA MA FCA AMCT CTA (Fellow)
- Ms Farah Bandali – Solicitor in Real Estate at Bates Wells
- Mr Zaid Belbagi – Journalist, Partner at Hardcastle Advisory in Riyadh and London and Special Adviser at Private Offices in London and the Gulf states
- Mr Ikhlaq Hussain – Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships at Orphans In Need
- Mr Samir Thantrey – Chartered Certified Accountant and Director of Business Services at Nyman Libsin Paul
- Mr Kawsar Zaman – Barrister at No5 Chambers