Lord Sheikh was welcomed as a Guest of Honour and Father of the Day by Ansar Finance for their 25th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner.
At the dinner, Lord Sheikh spoke on the value of Islamic Finance in the UK, addressing its importance and relevance in the current British climate.
Ansar Finance works to alleviate poverty and financial hardship.
in his speech, Lord Sheikh noted Ansar’s achievements include the following:
- They have granted charitable loans in excess of £3.5 million.
- From 2000 to 2008 they have provided a housing scheme with an investment of approximately £2.3 million.
- Have helped people in saving over £1 Million in Riba’ payments.
- They have supported many local causes through their charitable fund.
- The activities of Ansar Finance have been highly praised by Islamic academic scholars as they are truly authentic and comply with Islamic principles.
Lord Sheikh was also very pleased to note that Ansar is relaunching the housing project and hosting a shariah-compliant credit union that supports student finance and savings.